Saturday, February 13, 2021

Week 3: All about Quotes!

Jarrell Harris 

This week was amazing!

I gained the opportunity to do morning attendance and discuss the 100 days of school journal topic with the students. I was able to explain to the students what Monarch books are. I was able to do a read aloud, I read "The Good Egg." Each week, the 3rd graders are showing more of their personality and it shows through their participation. I was able to connect the story to what the students were learning about, asking them what type of dialogue was printed. 

My MT does really well with connecting prior lessons to upcoming lessons, the is something I observe very closely and a method I hope to pick up. It is quite interesting how the students are apparently learning more and more about their chosen African American Activists. The students were learning about direct and indirect, I admire how the teacher included videos that explained the two quotes. One effective thing my MT did was allowed the students to help her compare and contrast quotes, classifying as direct or indirect. Opportunities for independent practice  allowed the teacher to assess the students on how well they were aware of structuring direct/indirect quotes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I am glad that you are doing a lot in your MT's classroom and not just observing what she does. It makes me happy to see that we are all getting the chance to be apart of the teaching experience along side our MT's. I feel that we are starting to get more comfortable and learning more and more every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jarrell!
    Wow, sounds like you are super active with your MT and students, nice job! The students sounds like they are adjusting well to you as well. This should make teaching a lot easier for you. Keep it up and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...