Thursday, February 11, 2021

Week 3: Getting Some Experience!

 Mary Fayta

2-11-21

This week was a lot of fun. I haven't been too involved in the classroom so far. I have asked my MT a few times if I could help or if there was anything at all I could do in the classroom but she never ended up giving me any tasks. But this week I took Dr. H's advice and I sent my MT another message asking if I could do something in the class, to get some experience in the classroom for my lesson next week. I was excited when she replied telling me that I could do a read aloud and a "get to know me" activity! For my read aloud I chose the book "The Most Magnificent Thing" by Ashley Spires. I read the book the night before and I wrote down questions that I wanted to ask and I made note of which pages I would ask those questions on. I also wrote down some fun would you rather questions to ask the kids as a "get to know me" activity. My MT suggested having the kids put their hands on their shoulders for one answer and on their head for another which worked out really well. This activity was a lot of fun, I asked a few of the students why they gave me the answer they did and they gave me some silly answers. I also enjoyed reading the story to the kids, they responded really well to my questions and they stayed engaged the whole time. My MT even had the time to critique my read aloud just a little bit. She told me that I should practice slowing down a little. I noticed that myself once I finished reading the book I realized that I read a little fast, so that is something I will be aware of next time I read.




2 comments:

  1. Hello Mary,

    I am glad to hear that you were able to take over. I reached out to my MT as well, and she informed me that she would go over the schedule and let me know what I can do with the students next week. We need all the experience we can get before student teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary, I am glad you took Dr. H's advice and that you had the opportunity to read to the students! The "get to know me" activity seemed like it went very well & i'm sure it was a great way for you to truly get to know the students too! I always skim through the story I am going to read to my students before class time, just so I know what the book is about or even where I see a question would fit best, so for you to read the book on your own before reading it to the students was a great idea. I hope next week is just as beneficial for you!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...