Thursday, February 11, 2021

Week 3 - Breakout Rooms!

Emily Pinto

EDEC 4571/81 

2.11.2021


Today was a pretty exciting day in my classroom, I was able to lead some breakout rooms, and I have to say, I think they went well! The first breakout room was for sight words (spelling, context, and pronunciation). My MT said some students don't show up to class, and I had a couple of those in my room. It's a shame they do not attend, but I am happy to say the students who WERE there participated and stayed engaged with what I was doing with them. 

The next breakout room was for math, and again, I had a couple of students who didn't show up but again, the ones who did were engaged and attended to my lesson. We did subtracting double digits, and honestly, I had to have the students show me how they do the tens and ones method because I am not very familiar with it, but I caught on pretty quickly on how it's done. Overall, it went well, and I was able to successfully keep the students engaged.

I enjoyed doing the breakout rooms today, and I think next week, depending on the content for the rooms, I will have to come up with some creative games or activities to do. Math can be boring so it's definitely essential for the students to have something interesting to go along with the lesson. 





1 comment:

  1. Hi there! It's nice to see you had an exciting day!! That's good that you had enough children that participated and were engaged, it is sad that some don't show up but you have to make the most out of what you can! I also like that you are thinking of ways to keep the children engaged by coming up with fun games! Maybe you can add some songs too, kids love dancing and moving around!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...