Thursday, February 11, 2021

Week 3 - 100th Day of School Celebration

 Stefanie Flory 


February 11th, 2021 

The children celebrated the 100th day of school today!! It's crazy that these students have been learning remotely for 100+ days and within only 2 weeks of meeting them, I know that they haven't let the circumstances stand in the way of their success in the classroom.

  Today was the day I implemented my Interest Reading Survey into the morning meeting. The students have never used the format I used which was google forms, so my MT allowed me time to show the students and explain the directions before allowing them to complete the survey. The survey was successful and the students enjoyed telling me about their interests and reading habits. Majority of the students completed the survey on their own while I supervised them on GoGuardian, but there were about 3 students were needed some extra assistance, so my MT put me and the 3 students into a breakout room and I worked alongside them as they completed the survey so this also showed me how I can implement and differentiate with students who may need extra help. I was nervous at first because my MT said they were unable to practice with google form prior to today but the children are very advanced in their technology so it turned out to go very well! 

Another thing that was really engaging and fun today was when we completed the math worksheet, the students use Eureka Math Workbooks, and since they already have their workbooks, I did not have one. However, I was able to implement and participate by using my dry erase board so I could work out the problems with them, and they did wonderful 😊 The children have been so open and willing to let me work with them, even in the breakout rooms they participate and are engaged with me the whole time! We also did a jamboard activity discussing American traditions, foods, and celebrations and it was fun to see how they interact with jamboard, so I will most definitely implement it in my lessons! 

Here are some pictures of what we did today!! 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Stefanie! We also did some activities in celebration of 100th day of school. I am glad to learn that the students did well at the survey. I hope to administer mine on Thursday during my 'trial' lesson. My MT told me that she will try using google forms with them before then since they haven't been introduced to them. I also learned a little about how jamboard works today. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...