Thursday, February 11, 2021

Week 3 - 100th day of school... Learning about China!

 

By Brenda Johnson

February 11, 2021

We had so much fun in class today,  it was the 100th day of school , students learned about China, and about some African American heroes. Today the focus was on Rosa Parks and Bessie Coleman; the day’s DOL was on Bessie Coleman. Question of the day was ‘What is your  My MT introduced the kids to Jamboard today. This made me very happy  especially because we are required to used Jamboard when we teach our lessons, and I did not really know how it worked. The kids did well! The students did great at it , I think my MT’s demonstrations and example helped.

During literacy, my MT had the students take turns in reading sentences . She also had them work on the spelling words of the week. Small groups  were a bit different for me today, I participated throughout. We had 30-minute sessions of small groups ( 3) Students were learning about Ancient and modern China. They read some facts, watched  a BrainPOP video and shared their thoughts. I had the opportunity to share my experience in China with the students. They were so thrilled to learn that I had visited China. I talked with the students about the culture in China and how it is different than how things are done here. I did this with each group, they were very interactive sessions. By the time the day was done, I felt happy and fulfilled. Next week I do my ‘trial’ lesson. I cannot wait!




 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! That's so cool you got to see how Jamboard worked! I remember learning about it during the video we had to watch about tools for virtual teaching and I wrote it down because I thought it was so neat. I plan on using it next week for my first lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! How crazy is it that it is already the 100th day of school for some of the kiddos! I'm happy to hear that you were able to learn something new that will help you in the future and with your lessons! My MT doesn't use Jamboard much, but to my understanding, it is like a virtual white board, right!? How cool!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...