Saturday, February 13, 2021

Week 3 - Takeover Time

February 13th, 2021

By: Kate Drish


This Thursday marked the third week that I've been with this second grade class and I feel so happy after every Zoom meeting with them. The students in this class are so smart and so engaging and have really blown me away with how well they focus and pay attention during class. Though some students keep their cameras off, they are always so quick to respond to a question or raise their virtual hand to participate in class discussions. It is also so heartwarming to see parents, grandparents, and daycare teachers in the students' videos showing support and offering help to the student when needed. It goes to show that education really is a team effort, and especially now being remote... it takes a village. 

In my last blog post, I spoke about the opportunity to take over class this week. It went so much better than I expected and the students responded really well to me, despite my MT not being present. It was comforting and reassuring that the students looked to me with questions rather than the substitute, whom they have met and had before in class. We were able to keep up with the schedule as well as the content that the MT had planned for the day. Even without having the materials and hard copies of the workbook pages and activities, I was able to follow along and teach the kids, just the same! 

After this week, I became so much more comfortable with the fact that I will be teaching a lesson next week. I was not able to grab any screenshots this week of what we were covering because I was actively teaching and engaging with the kids but I definitely provide photos of my science lesson next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...