Thursday, February 11, 2021

Week 3: Third Day With Students

 Sara Kent 

February 11, 2021

    We started off today like we start off every week which is saying good morning to each other. I always enjoy saying good morning to the kiddos and hearing about their day. Today after we said good morning, I got to do my reading inventory with the kids. They seemed to enjoy it and I got a lot of great data. I was also put in a break out room again this week during guided reading time. My group read a book called "The Drum" today. After the kids were done reading independently a few of them showed me their favorite books. One student even started to read his to me. I was very impressed with his reading. I enjoyed talking to the kids about their favorite book because its just another way for me to connect to them and for them to connect to me. 

Something that I took away from today was how much my MT really knows and pays attention to her students. She generally cares about them and their lives outside of her classroom knowing their family situations, their interests, and pets etc. I know that every great teacher should know these things but to see it first hand is really wonderful. When one of the girls wanted to tell her about their breakfast my MT said to tell her before lunch since we didn't have time right there. Without being promoted again my MT asked the girl stay on right before to so that she could tell her about her breakfast. She remembered and made it a point to bring it up again since the girl was excited about it. I really admire that and strive to be that kind of teacher. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara,

    You pointed out something really considerable, your MT paying attention to het students. This is so very important, this is something my MT does as well. When we have of one on one meetings/ debriefs, she acknowledges that fact that some students aren't really getting support at home, this helps my MT with understanding their level of participation.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...