Sunday, February 7, 2021

Week 1: Classroom management

 Week 1: Classroom management  

Jarrell Harris 

2/7/21

Dr.H, wow, wow and wow!

    I must express, I am 'pleased with the management skills that my MT upholds. I noticed that the MT was very consistent with calling on the students may have unmuted themselves, etc. The students followed the lead of the teacher very well. The teacher was good with multi-managing, using an additional screen monitor to see which students were on a different screen other than the screen they should have been on to follow the along with her. As the teacher stayed on top of keeping the students in-sync, this kept the flow of learning going.

As I think about my observation, it brings me to thinking how I would operate when it comes to managing my class. The 3rd graders that I observed were a very interesting group, inquisitive, respectful and couple of students were even sassy. Closely observing to sharpen and pickup management skills is certainly a goal. I am looking forward to witness the 3rd graders personalities spill out so that I may see how the teacher responds to their uniqueness. In addition to that, I am super excited to learn ways of redirecting students from a virtual platform, so my super observations goggles are on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...