Sunday, February 7, 2021

Week 2: All About Routine!


Week 2: All About Routine! 

Jarrell Harris

2/7/21

So, week 2 of observation I was more so focused on routine. My MT's classroom routine is on point and makes way for maximization in all content areas. I notice that the students were even familiar with the routine as they asked questions like, "Aren't we about to start math now?" It is great that the teacher keeps the routine going, this helps shape the structure of the classroom. I even noticed how the students were more attentive as the teacher moved on the different segments of the day which made up the day's routine. This is really good, this put the students in position to know what to expect throughout the school day. 

As I reflect, I must claim- I am pretty good with routine. Routine and learning goes hand and hand, my MT teacher even says to the students things like, "Alright, we'll come back to that, it's time to move on." This is a component of classroom management. What I like about routine is that it helps students understand that there is a time a place for everything, which connects to creating a sense of classroom balance. Classroom balance makes teaching and learning easy. I look forward to learning diverse mechanisms that my MT uses to keep routine in place in a virtual world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...