Thursday, March 4, 2021

Week 6: Teaching Literacy

 Mary Fayta

3-4-21


    Today I taught my literacy lesson on the differences between a fractured fairy tale and a fairy tale. The same thing happened that happened on the day of my last lesson, I was logged out of my Crete Monee email and could not get back in. I emailed and called IT with no answer. Luckily my CT was able to send me the classroom link so that I could get in. But then I could not access my materials for my lesson! Thankfully I had saved a draft of the activity in Google Classroom the night before, so my CT was able to access it and present it for me. She was a huge help with this lesson and all my technical problems. Through these problems I learned to not stress out about it because it usually will work out in the end. This situation also made me realize I should create a copy of my materials in my personal account if this happens again.

   Otherwise I thought my lesson went ok. The kids seemed to really enjoy the story and they did a great job with the activity. In the activity I had the students categorize parts of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs, which was the book I read. I really enjoyed looking over each assignment and seeing what the students struggled with and what they did really well with. I also added two bonus questions asking what their favorite part of each story was. It was really fun to read all of their cute answers. I will definitely be adding more open ended questions to future lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...