Saturday, March 6, 2021

Week 6 - Best day Ever!

 

By Brenda Johnson

I had an awesome experience today! My MT was originally going to have her students work asynchronously all day. She had so much work to do to plan and get the classroom ready for students return. She therefore could not see students live, but then she thought to ask me if I didn’t mind being on the meet by myself with the students. When she asked, I was over the moon! This was going to be my first time! My MT showed me how to create a meet link and announce it to the whole class so that students can join the meet. Students were excited to learn that it was just going to me and them.  We had a schedule for the day, I encouraged students to follow the day’s schedule closely.

We started with student sharing their special things with the class. My MT has like a schedule for that, students take turns to share with their friends. They are asked questions. We went on to question of the day. The day’s question was, “What is your favorite holiday and why? After writing down their responses, students got a chance to share with the class. I enjoyed listening to their reasons for picking holidays as their favorites. I then prompted students to go on to the next work on the schedule. After lunch, we worked on math, did vocabulary A-Z, squiggly spelling, free choice writing, mystery doug etc. We had a dance party too! All this while I was monitoring kids on gogaurdian.  I told them that we were working quietly and if they had a question, they could message me in gogaurdian. Oh, my goodness! It was not easy to keep up with the kids and all the questions they were asking. It really felt good to be in the position I was today. I ended the different meets when it was time to (just like my MT did) and then generated new links for new meets. I learned so much about the students today. I was also able to share some things with them too. Now I know how to host a meet independently! 😊

This week's spelling words.



2 comments:

  1. Brenda that is so awesome! What a great experience to be able to work with the kids independently. I'm sure your MT really appreciated it! Sometimes it's just easier to get acclimated when you're thrown into the mix like that, and just take the lead. In this profession, it's important to recognize when you just have to take the lead and it sounds like you really excelled at that this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brenda, that was great how your MT let you lead the whole class for the day! Sounds like you were a big help to your MT. Sounds like you did a great job in leading the class, proud of you! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...