Friday, April 23, 2021

Week 13 - A Sticky Situation!

April 22, 2021

By: Kate Drish


Today I taught my very last lesson! Wow.. what a relief. Today, my math lesson reviewed three digit addition and subtraction problems. The scholars have been practicing this for a while using the RDW strategy which stands for read, draw, write. 

I try not to be bias with math, even though its my worst subject. To make this lesson fun and to get the most participation I could, I decided to do something out of the box for my lesson. For each scholar who participated, I stuck a sticker on my face. When I first told them the rules of the game, they giggled so much. When I asked if they wanted me to look silly they all screamed, "YES!" By the end of the lesson, I had over 15 stickers on my face/mask. I had students who never participated ever, raise their hand, provide answers and engage with the content I was providing. My MT gave me all distinguished and said it was the best lesson yet!!


After I took all my face stickers off, the kids thought my mask looked cooler with them on. This is how I wore it the rest of the day. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow Kate what a great idea to get all the students involved! I loved reading your blog post and hearing about how much the children enjoyed your lesson and your sticker idea! Congrats on getting all distinguished from your MT, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...