Thursday, April 22, 2021

Week 13: Ants and Grasshoppers

Sara Kent 

4-22-21

 

Today we learned about ants and grasshoppers. This was the theme for most of the day. The kids read about ants during their guided reading and I helped multiple students with their comprehension checks and after reading activities. Then they watched a short video story about ants and grasshoppers. They then had to write about which one they were most like and explain why. We also participated in a reader’s theater which is where you can make characters and cut them out and assign students to play characters and read the story. We made ants, grasshoppers, and narrators and had three students read the story and hold up the characters they created. Today we also celebrated Earth Day! My MT read the book “Earth! My First 4.54 Billion Years” to the kids for the read aloud. After the read aloud my MT wanted the kids to do a little activity making an Earth out of folded paper. We were having trouble folding the paper correctly which was kind of funny.  I helped multiple students with their comprehension checks and after reading activities. 

This was my ant that I drew during our readers workshop. 

 

It is nice to be done teaching for the semester so I can just walk around and help kids when they need it and not worry about having to teach a lesson. For these last two weeks I really want to just absorb as much as I can before my time here ends. I feel like I have learned so much up to this point as far as classroom management goes and how to create meaningful relationships with your students. I plan to take those lessons with me as I continue into my career. 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara! I really love that idea of a reader's theatre! I've never heard of that before but what a great idea. I think that would be super fun and engaging for the students!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...