Sunday, April 25, 2021

Week 13: Earth Day/takeover

 By: Jamia Royal

Date: 4/25/2021

One more week in the classroom with the kiddos, time started to fly by! I can't believe we are in our last two weeks of the semester. I also teach my last lesson today which is a science lesson. Being that today is Earth Day, it went perfect for my science lesson. We talked about the 3 R's of recycling, followed with a writing activity about Earth Day. I assigned the students boom cards which are their favorite. This was my last lesson and unfortunately my MT was not able to observe me. On Wednesday she notified me that she had a death in her family and would be leaving after lunch. She asked if I was okay with taking over for the rest of the day. I was very excited to take this role as a sub. She wrote out the schedule after lunch, opened tabs for me that I would use and I was ready to go. Once the students came back in from lunch they were excited that I would be taking over for the rest of the day. I told students to log on to their computers for silent reading or to read a book around the class. Students read until 1:30 and everyone joined class again. Even though another teacher was in the room, I was the one who lead for the rest of the day until Art which is at the end of the day. 

This was a great experience for me and is really preparing me for my own classroom. My MT has been great this semester and I appreciate her very much.


1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Wow, the irony, our picture is a great depiction of Earth day and the 3 R's!

    I am so sorry to know that your MT had a death in the family, unfortunately, I can relate- so did I last week. I am praying for her strength.

    And way to rock it out, you stepping up to the plate to handle the kiddos for the rest of that day. Opportunities like so are golden.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...