Thursday, April 15, 2021

Week 12: Social Studies Lesson

Mary Fayta

4-15-21


     This week I am teaching my social studies lesson, I have never taught social studies before but I created a fun lesson on how to be a good citizen that I was excited to share with the kids. When I first came in in the morning my MT told me that there is a bat living in the gym! I thought that was pretty interesting, so gym class is now being held in the library.  Although the bat situation is pretty crazy, I was happy because I got a chance to see the library which I had been wanting to see. It was a lovely library with a small stage for kids to perform on. My MT also showed me how to use the copy machine in the library, it looked pretty complicated. Then at 11:30 I taught my lesson. It didn't go exactly as planned as usual but that's just what happens, as teachers we need to roll with the punches. I read a book about a boy who was not being a very good citizen and the kids loved the book which I was really happy about, but the kids shared a lot more than they usually do which was really fun to hear but it threw me off schedule a little and we weren't able to do my independent practice. I still assigned the Google Slides I created so that the students could do them later. One of the slides is pictured below. I was able to help the students in person a lot with this activity and that was a lot of fun.

   At 1:00 the kids logged onto a presentation on safe and unsafe touch. I was glad I was able to view the presentation today. It was interesting to see how they approached such a touchy subject. Lastly, in the afternoon my MT asked me if I was ready to use the copier by myself, I accepted the job and she wrote down a few notes. I ended up figuring it out and I was happy to be able to help her out by copying packets for the kids. I know she has been stressed about the pick up on Monday so I was happy to help.




(My independent practice activity on how to be a good citizen)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I love your IP activity from your lesson! It is so neatly done and it looks like a lot of fun for the students to do. I think all of the crete schools had the same presentation and it is really crazy that students this young would need to learn about this but it is very important at the same time! My class handled it rather well and I hope your students did as well :) Thanks for sharing about your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I love your lesson idea about good citizens! You can never teach that too early on in life. Your slide looks awesome and I'm glad you were able to utilize what we've learned in our class when making it :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary!
    Your lesson looks awesome! I really like the topic on good citizens and how you had a super fun and engaging lesson with the students to make it more interesting for them! I am sure they enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...