Thursday, April 15, 2021

Week 12: Science lesson!

 

By Brenda Johnson

Today I thought my science lesson. I was a nervous because it would be the first time, I teach both in person kids and remote kids, I was not sure how that would go. I am ever grateful for my MT. She helped me set up before my classes, boosted my confidence by just telling me I could do it, and was available to help. The topic of my lesson today was the state of matter. I brought in some materials that were solid, liquid, and gas.  Since it was science, we got a little experimental. The students were great at participation, they had so much to share! It was a great experience teaching both students in person and those at home. I had to constantly remind myself that there were two sets of students so that I did not ignore any group. I think it was a great lesson!

The state mandated Erin’s law presentation for all students happened today. It was nice to be part of that presentation, I had heard about it but was not sure what it was about. The purpose of the presentation is to use age-appropriate curricula to teach students how to tell on anyone who touches or attempts to touch their private parts. Some of the students in my MT’s class did not want to listen to the talk. One student said it was long and boring, another found the whole talk uncomfortable. This one student told me that “if anybody tries to touch me like that, anybody at all I will slap the sooo hard they’d run away from me”.  I thought it was interesting that he had that defense plan. Next week I teach my last lesson for this experience!  This is truly coming to an end!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda,

    Thank you for sharing about your day. I'm glad to hear that your science lesson went well, it sounds like fun! The students in my class also watched a presentation on safe and unsafe touch. I'm glad it was on a Thursday so we could all see it too. That is too funny that your student had a whole defense plan!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...