Thursday, April 15, 2021

Week 12 - Coming to an End :(

 Stefanie Flory 


Thursday April 15th, 2021 


As the weeks come to an end, I am beginning to become very sad that I will be leaving my kiddos soon. Today was a very fun day with the kids! For the morning, the students had a very special guest speaker. When I was told that we would be having a guest speaker and presentation, I was not aware of what was expected! The presentation was a touchy but yet very important subject to discuss. From what the guest speaker said, she comes to the school once a year to talk with the students about Erin’s Law. This was something I was not familiar with. Erin’s law is mandated and required in  all public schools implement child-focused sexual abuse prevention education that. In Illinois, this provides parents and guardians with information on the warning signs of child sexual abuse, plus any needed assistance, referrals or resources to support victims and their families. This topic was very eye opening to me, that it would be implemented with kids as young as 2nd grade! However, I do think it is very beneficial and important to talk about it and as uncomfortable as it is, it is very good to teach young children. 

Apart from that, I did not teach a lesson today but I am excited that I got to discuss my two upcoming and last lessons for the semester. I will teach literacy next week, and then finish off field experience with a science lesson! I am very excited to see how much I have improved over the semester, and hope that both lessons will have a good outcome! I am getting very sad that I won’t see my kiddos anymore, but I really am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them and get to know all of them individually! 


Cheers to the last two weeks! 🎉



1 comment:

  1. Stefanie! I agree I am getting sad that the semester is coming to an end. I am trying to think of something nice to do for the class on our last day.
    That is an interesting guest speaker! I remember on one of my previous field experiences a couple of semesters ago I attended an assembly of the same nature. It was kind of surreal, because I don't remember having that type of talk in school at that age!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...