Thursday, April 15, 2021

Week 12: Last Lesson!


Sara Kent 

4-15-21

 

    Today I taught my final lesson which was science. I did a lesson on Earth Day as it is next week Thursday. I was excited about teaching this lesson because I love helping the environment and learning about living a sustainable life. I read a book called, “The Earth Book” to the kids and then did a sorting activity with them. The sorting activity consisted of me having two columns: one with a happy Earth and one with a sad earth and the kids would have to tell me based on which card I held up if it would make the Earth Happy or sad. The kids all participated in this activity and loved it! I then had them write four sentences explaining what they can do to help save the Earth. Overall, the activity went over well I thought. I think it was easier this week than last week balancing the in person and at home learners. I made sure this time around to explain instructions twice once to in person students and then again with remote learners so that there was no confusion. 


    On another note, I walked around a lot today and helped students individually. During guided reading time, one of my students didn’t have a partner to read with so I had her read to me and she did such a wonderful job. I love being able to help the kiddos and also my MT, so she isn’t overwhelmed. She told me today how much she appreciates my help and it made me smile. Sometimes I feel like a burden or like I am in the way so to hear her say that really made me happy and that I have a purpose here. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sarah!
    I am glad that our science lesson went well. I think that the happy earth, sad earth strategy is a great way to teach children how to take care of our earth. Congrats on teaching your last lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...