Thursday, April 15, 2021

Week 12- Being a Big Help!

Jarrell Harris 


Today, I was very active, I am very grateful for the experience. I was able to help a student choose a break. There was a student with a damaged Chromebook, I was able to walk the student to the main office and report the issue to the secretary. Leading from that, I was able to assist the student with checking out a loaner Chromebook. It was a great opportunity for me to show the student that I care about his success and that I am willing to help him. Also, while walk back to the classroom, he thanked me and asked me if I am a new teacher. I reassured him that I am always willing to make sure him and his classmates are able to be successful at school. Regarding his question, it made me smile, I informed him that I am a student just like he is (but in college) and that I am becoming a teacher. 

 

In addition to that, I gained an opportunity to monitor the students as they took their chapter 8 math test, while my MT ran to the bathroom and to make copies of some documents. I was able to assist the music teacher with monitoring the students during the Erin’s Law presentation (while my MT stepped out). I was able to assist remote students with catching up on missing math lessons. I am so happy for all of this experience! 

 

Ending the day with fun: My MT, the students and myself dances to two Go Noodle videos. How fun, we all participated with joy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...