Thursday, April 8, 2021

Week 11 - Countdown to the End!

April 8th, 2021

By: Kate Drish


We're finally in the homestretch and in three more weeks, the hardest semester of my life will be over. Whew! I have to admit, I struggle sometimes to just figure out what day it is. Its definitely kicking in that the semester and field experience are almost over. I'm excited to check more classes off my transcript list, but I will really miss my MT and the kids. I've gotten so close to all of them and I feel like I've learned so much. It's been so fun to share the classroom and take over, as most Thursdays I'm teaching 2-3 lessons throughout the day. My MT has been more than supportive and I'm grateful, because I know she doesn't have to me.



As per my post two weeks ago, my MT was in direct contact with someone who tested positive for COVID. She taught remotely from home today while a sub and I lead the class in person. Its always nice to meet new people within this school as they are all very friendly and helpful. She was much older than me but shared so many stories of the years she was a teacher. Now that she subs, she said she often reflects on what education was years ago. It makes me wonder what education will look like in the future. 

Also, how relatable?! You can do it, kid!




1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    It is nice to know how much of a help your MT has been to you. I am so sorry to know that she came in-contact with someone who has COVID-19; she's an example for how to press through as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...