Sunday, March 28, 2021

Week 9

 Yasmine Mustafa

3-28-2021

This week was a great week for me. I am feeling like the class is mine as well as my Mts. My MT provides me with many opportunities to be apart of the class. I really enjoy this because it has taught me so much more then just watching her teach. Getting that opportunity to engage with students, work with students, etc. is such a rewarding experience. My Mt has taught me so much throughout these few weeks that I will be sure to incorporate in my future class room. She includes me on everything that has to do with the students everyday and not just the days that I am doing my field experiences. She also keeps in touch with me to ensure that I am doing well and if I need any assistance with my lessons.

On Thursdays, my Mt gives me a math group to work with to help them better understand the lessons. My Mt has breakout rooms for students who need more of a challenge and those who need extra assistance. My job is to create breakout rooms for those who need extra assistance. I take my laptop and go into one of the areas in the school where I can have my own space in doing so. On Thursday, there was a teacher in the same room as me who was listening to me teach my lesson as she was working. Once I completed my lesson she stopped to tell me how she was listening to me teach and how great of a job I did. She gave me a lot of feedback. Hearing that from a staff member who does not even know me truly meant a lot to me. It gave me the confidence I needed. In moments like that you realize how much a comment that may seem so little could mean so much!!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Yasmine,

    I am so happy to hear that you are able to teach lessons all on your own and that the MT gives you so much freedom in her classroom! That is so nice of the staff member to compliment you like that, I'm sure that made your day!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...