Thursday, February 25, 2021

Week 5, half day!

February 25, 2021

Amy Mustafa

Today was yet another day of not only observing but also interacting so much more with Mrs. Proskurniak's second-grade class. Of course, like every Thursday we began with "three things Thursday". Today the students were asked to complete three different sentences; "One thing I am really good at is…",  "One thing I wish I was good at is…", and lastly "One thing I am really bad at is…". I am truly enjoying learning more and more about these children and as a matter of fact, I have grown to enjoy my time working with second grade students and do see myself in the future teaching or even having my own second grade classroom! I had the opportunity  to work with four students who were struggling with site words. I was able to create my own breakout room with the students and quiz them on spelling different site words. 

Moving on, the students were next put into breakout rooms reading and acting out different characters in shared reading. The title of this reading is A Crow, a Lion, and a Mouse. Oh My! I love hearing the student's different voices for every character being portrayed. Today ended a lot quicker than I thought it would but definitely was an enjoyable & fun day for these second graders! Next week is the first week that I will be teaching & it will be a lesson on literacy. I am more than excited about it and as soon as I knew it would be "Dr. Seuss week" many ideas came to mind. Next week, the students will be joined together in celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday. This will be celebrated from March 1st to March 5th, on that Thursday, the students will be reading the book, The Cat in the Hat by none other than Dr.Seuss! The theme of Thursday will be "Thing one and Thing two Thursday". I have many ideas for next week & am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...