Thursday, February 25, 2021

Week 5: 100th Day of School!

 2/25/21

Mary Fayta

    Today is a half day for the students but it is also the 100th day of school! To celebrate the students were able to dress up as if they were 100 years old or 100 days old which was really cute. The students also shared 100 things, most of the kids brought 100 pennies. My CT also informed me that the teachers will be going back to the classroom but the students will not. Through my observations I am learning the difficulties of teaching remotely. The students complete activities at home such as drawing a picture or writing a sentence. What could take only a minute or two in person takes up to 20 minutes over Google Classroom. Today the students wrote a few sentences on a piece of paper and it took a lot of time for them to take a picture of their work and post it to SeeSaw, just so that my CT could look it over.

    I made up some of the time for today's half day on Monday. On Monday I was able to collect my data for my interest inventory report in Dr. Kelly's class. I had the students fill out a Google Poll which was really easy. They were all able to access it in the chat and they all knew how to fill it out. Through this activity I got to see how the students interact with Google Polls and if they know how to type answers in. This information will help me for my future lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! It sounds like you had such a fun day! I remember being a young student and I LOVED the 100th day of school. It was always fun to dress up and do the 100 day project like you had mentioned!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...