Thursday, April 29, 2021

Week 14: Last Day of Class

 Sara Kent 

4-29-21

    Today was my last day with the kids and it was bittersweet. They made me cards and drew me pictures to take with me. I told them I would hang them up at my house. At the end of the day, I gave them their goodie bags which they loved! Since this is was my last day, it got me thinking about how much I have learned and how far I have come since my first lesson. I think my two strengths going into FE was my enthusiasm for meeting the kids and being open to collaboration. I think the two areas that I have improved on are my lesson plans and how to navigate both remote and in person learning. Two areas that I still need to work on is my explanation of directions and having a good anticipatory set. The most fun experience was walking around and helping the students with their work and getting to know them on a personal level. 


    As far as lessons go, I think my best lesson was my science lesson which was on Earth Day. I think this was my best lesson because the lesson seemed to flow effortlessly, and I had a fun guided practice that the students were all engaged in. I think my worst lesson was my social studies lesson because it was my first lesson that I had to teach to both remote and in person learners at the same time, so I was a little overwhelmed making sure everyone knew what they needed to do. I also had some technical difficulties which made me very flustered. Three things I learned from my MT was some new classroom management tools such as using name sticks, how to relate to the children in a fun way, and how to do an engaging read aloud. Three things I learned about myself was that I am patient, If I go into a lesson with confidence, I do better, and that everything worthwhile takes time and is not going to happen overnight. Three things I learned about children is that they are very inquisitive and really do watch and remember everything you do and say, they are like sponges in terms of gaining knowledge, and that they really do say the darndest things. 

    In terms of student teaching, I am looking forward to continuing practicing my lesson planning and teaching. I am also looking forward to getting to know a new group of kids and spend more time with them. I am most anxious about being graded on teaching and having twice as many lessons to teach when I student teach but am up for the challenge.I am so happy to have had this experience. I truly believe it helped me become a better teacher. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara,

    You rock! I can absolutely tell that you've learn a lot throughout the semester! I can also see that your experience was rich, I am happy for you.

    Cool bags by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...