Thursday, January 28, 2021

Week 1: Meeting the Students

   Today class started at 9:00am and I got to meet the students for the first time. My MT and I had met earlier this week to discuss how her day usually goes. She showed me a couple video projects that the kids had done to introduce me to the children. Today I just observed the class, the teacher didn't end up mentioning me to the students until later as she was surprised the students didn't mention me first. I observed how the teacher taught her students and I took note of what strategies she used to keep the children focused on their work. I think that a lot of my MT's lessons could have been more engaging. Most of them were worksheets that the children followed along with. I think that she could have made a fun google slide where the kids could follow along or something like that. I also paid close attention to the students background knowledge and what they can and cannot do. This information will help me when planning lessons for them in the future. I think that it will be a challenge for me to keep the children engaged and focused in my lessons. But I am excited to practice my classroom management skills.

    My MT also allowed me to join the student's gym class which was interesting to observe remotely. The students followed along to a video and moved their bodies. Furthermore, it was interesting to see how my MT handled the students remotely in regards to their behavior and classroom management. The students frequently wandered away from their computers so the teacher would call to them or text their parent. I really enjoyed seeing how GoGuardian worked. I thought that was a fantastic website to use. The teacher had complete control over what tabs the students have open and she could see exactly what they are looking at on their screens. Overall today was a nice day observing and taking note of how the teacher teaches and what strategies she uses. I am excited to start helping in the class more and to get to know the students even more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...