Thursday, January 28, 2021

Week 1 -First Day!!

Yasmine Mustafa

 Thursday January 28, 2021

Today was my first day in the classroom with my MT. It was my second time meeting her and my first time meeting her second graders! Before all the students began logging on, we went over some of the questions that I had. She answered all the questions I had and was extremely helpful and reassuring.  She walked me through the schedule and Go Guardian. When all the students logged on she had introduced me to them and informed them that I would be joining them every Thursday. I was able to introduce myself to them and say some fun facts about myself!  The students were super friendly and excited. I was super nervous since it was the first day, but as the day went on I felt all my nerves leaving my body. I was able to do break out rooms with the students. I had time every so often to talk to students individually. Today was a great first day!


It was only the first day, so majority of the time I spent observing. Looking at how engaged and excited the children are to learn was really great. She is truly such an amazing teacher, she has wonderful relationships with both the students and the parents. She does a great job keeping the students on track and engaged. I learned a lot from her on just the first day. I am so eager to see how the rest of the semester goes. She explained a lot to me with online learning and how it can be troublesome on certain occasions, but stated there is nothing to worry about. Although online learning is not something I  anticipated on going through, I am learning a lot. Seeing how great my MT does with online teaching and how well her students are behaved it makes me excited for the rest of the semester. I also enjoyed the fact that she allowed me to help on the first day with working with students and conversating. She hosted breakout rooms and allowed me to work with students on persuasive writing. I really enjoyed the time I had doing that. I felt that I was able to build relationships with the students by assisting them and helping them with ideas and providing feedback. When the day came to an end, she stayed on and asked if I had any questions and was extremely helpful!! Overall, it was a great first day!

3 comments:

  1. Yasmine, it sounds like your MT is very friendly and helpful! That is awesome, and I'm sure, very reassuring to have such a supportive mentor. that is also cool that you were able to do breakout rooms with the students, I bet that was a great way to get your feet wet in this whole teaching experience! I was able to join a small group lesson on GoGuardian, it was very interesting because the subject was more advanced math for students that need extra challenge in the class.
    This is a crazy time but I think we lucked out and got some very talented and supportive MT's to help us along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great to hear that your MT is super supportive of you! I like that she allowed you to participate in the break out rooms so that you can learn more about each student individually. I agree that it was super beneficial for you to get the opportunity to start building relationships with the students. It was nice of her to stay on after the students had left to make sure that you felt okay on the first day and to answer any questions you had!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...