Thursday, January 28, 2021

Week 1: First Day Observation

By: Jamia Royal 

Thursday, January 28, 2021 

Today is my first day joining my MT classroom and today has been very enjoyable. The children are very bright and well engaged. My MT introduced me and then I shared a few things about myself so the kids could get to know me a little better. I love the way she runs her classroom. Although this is just my first day observing I have picked up a few classroom management skills that I will implement during my lesson. The children did two breakout rooms where I was able to join one of them and listen to the children collaborate with one another. During mini breaks my MT will share tips about google classroom and how she runs things during class. My goal is to have a successful engaging lessons. My MT is very helpful and is willing to answer any questions that I have which makes me a bit less nervous. 

A concern I may have is my lesson not being as engaging as my MT's. To be sure of this I have been carefully observing and taking down good notes that will help me plan better. I made sure to write down my ideas that I may want to use during my lesson. I also made note to make sure my internet connection is up to par because I do not want to lose connection with the children during my lesson. It may throw me or the students connection to the lesson off. Overall, my first day being with my MT was knowledgeable and I was happy to meet the kids. I am excited to see what the next few weeks bring. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamia,

    That is really exciting that you got to go into a breakout room with the kids and hear them collaborate with one another. I hope in the future you will get the chance to run a breakout room and share your knowledge with the students. I'm also happy to hear that your MT is really helpful. I'm sure your lesson will be super engaging and the children will love it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Final Blog

Mary Fayta 5-2-21 2 strengths going into FE and now:  A strength  I believe  I had going into field experience  would be that I am good with...